Has anyone attempted to adjust the trigger pull / let-off?

The "other" semi-auto airrifle from FX.

Has anyone attempted to adjust the trigger pull / let-off?

Postby Crete on Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:29 pm

I have been shooting my .22 cal. Monsoon for nearly a year now and I have done a complete strip/disassembly, including the valve, out of curiosity. It works flawlessly and it is now my "go-to" air rifle.

The only bit that I have not yet touched is the trigger. Although I find it acceptable, I would have preferred it to be a tad more sensitive (lighter, at say 2 lbs/one kilo). It currently breaks at nearly 1.7 kilograms.

Is there a way of fine-tuning it to a lighter let-off stage?
Crete

Re: Has anyone attempted to adjust the trigger pull / let-off?

Postby sestracy on Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:59 pm

In the manual, it specifically states you are not supposed to adjust the trigger. The same holds true on the Revolution. From my recollection, it will void the warranty if you adjust it.

I just attempted to attach a PDF file of the Monsoon Manual, but it is not allowed.

Go to the following website: https://www.airgunsofarizona.com/
Scroll the yellow left column down until you see FX Products. Click on the word products. Then go to the scroll bar on the right side of that page until you see Monsoon. Click on Monsoon. Use the scroll bar on the right again until you see just below "Click Here For Price".

You can either download the manual as I did or read it online. Page 10 in the manual in large letters filling the whole page will essentially say........DON"T ATTEMPT TO ADJUST THE TRIGGER.

Oops!! I forgot, you have a Monsoon, and probably have the manual too.

They don't explain very well, but I suspect if adjust the first stage travel "I call it creep." too much, it could go full automatic on you.

I opted against buying the Monsoon or the Revolution because of this. But now since I purchased my Cutlass, I can see how nice the trigger pull is without adjusting it. Now I wouldn't have a concern and would consider buying a Monsoon or a Revolution.

Spencer
sestracy

Postby ian johnstone on Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:08 pm

Spencer - I think you are right on this - no doubt the Monsoon trigger is adjustable but were 'one' to adjust it - the gun could easily go 'auto' (as well as losing the Safety stop).
:o
ian johnstone

Postby lead_pusher on Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:38 am

I'm not sure this was from trigger adjustment or not but it sure did go full auto http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXEEkTH_Erk
T12 Whisper .22
BSA Tech Star .22
AirForce Talon .22 w/ Tim McMurray's gen 2 moderator
lead_pusher

Return to FX Monsoon