FX Monsoon Semi Auto cycle issues

The "other" semi-auto airrifle from FX.

FX Monsoon Semi Auto cycle issues

Postby Brad 84 on Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:30 am

Hi All,

I am new to this group so hopefully this hasn't been covered already.
I have had my FX Monsoon for a few years now and have been more or less pretty happy overall with my rifle. I have however all of a sudden run into some problems with it.

It has all of a sudden stopped re-cocking to action after I fire a pellet. At first I assumed that maybe something could be worn and need replacing so on that assumption I disassembled the firing spring and removed both the sear and the the hammer to find both had signs of wear. I ordered some new parts and installed them to find no noticeable difference.
Second thought was maybe some of the grub screws on the trigger had vibrated loose a little changing the trigger settings from factory standards. I played with these a little and that also made no difference.

Doing some more digging and logical thinking I have worked out what I think the problem may be but have no idea what or how to go about fixing it.

What I believe SHOULD happen:
1. Squeeze trigger
2. Firing spring sends hammer forward, hitting valve button, releasing pre-charged air through the ports into the barrel, forcing pellet down the barrel
3. Used air then forces the bolt and hammer backwards
4. Whilst the trigger is still depressed the hammer should return backwards to the sear, engage with the sear and therefore be re-cocked for the next shot.

What I believe IS happening:
1. As above
2. As above
3. As above
4. Whilst the trigger is still depressed the hammer does return backwards to the sear, engages with the sear but releases and moves forward to hit the valve button with only minimal force but enough to discharge a second pellet at only enough velocity to literally fall out the end of the barrel.

When I have the rifle apart and cycle it manually the sear engages and works when I am not touching the trigger. The problem is when i am shooting it the action happens so fast I still have pressure on the trigger whilst it cycles making it not catch the sear on the second cycle.

So the issue I'm having is trying to get the sear to re-cock after firing the first pellet.

I was wondering if anyone else has had an issue similar to this and if so is there any way of fixing it?

Kind Regards
Brad 84

Re: FX Monsoon Semi Auto cycle issues

Postby gprs12 on Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:42 pm

Hi Brad,
I had this problem...though I am not a gunsmith so may not be too much help...
I sent it back (twice) to the importer here is Australia and the first time they replaced the sear and re-adjusted the grub screws for the trigger. Apparently this adjustment MUST be exact or the rifle won't cycle.
This repair only worked for one magazine, then it stuffed up again. I sent it back and they found a broken spring which was involved in the re-cocking of the gun. Don't ask me what it was, but they replaced it and again re-adjusted the grub screws on the trigger and it has been working fine for me ever since.
That was about 5 months ago. You may have more skill in smithing than me, but I would send it back to the importer.
I use my Monsoon at least 3 times a week for work as I am a pro shooter for local council parks and golf courses clearing up the rabbits here and am very happy with the Monsoon.
Good luck

Greg
gprs12

Postby Brad 84 on Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:11 am

Hi Greg,

Thank you for your reply. I too am in Australia and was just curious if you sent it to Hermann's Sporting Guns for repairs?
Or is there was another option that I am not aware of?

Kind Regards
Brad 84

Postby gprs12 on Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:28 am

Hi Brad,
Yep, sent it to Hermans..it was under warranty

Good luck

Greg
Greg Pace
www.eradicatepestcontrol.com.au

FX Monsoon .22 synthetic
used with Nitesite 200
gprs12

Postby Havoc on Wed May 03, 2017 12:21 am

gprs12 wrote:Hi Brad,
Yep, sent it to Hermans..it was under warranty

Good luck

Greg

Hi,
Any update on the worked they performed?
Also experiencing some issues with mine.
Havoc

Return to FX Monsoon