De-cocking the trigger

The "other" semi-auto airrifle from FX.

De-cocking the trigger

Postby Guipago on Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:32 am

Hi guys, just got my paws on a monsoon in .22, only 2 mags thru it so far, pressure went from 200bar to 150 bar, all standard, bit of sighting in & bit of yahooing, the accuracy= woody material :o of course I had to fiddle & take off the end cap, hmmm! it looks different to the pictorial on these pages, no pipe thingies with a hole in them, just what looks like a flat washer about 100mm inside, a different design??? The air tube is 100mm longer than my T12 but theres no indication of an extension, are there different models with the different years??? The main reason for the post(other than to brag) is that I can't de-cock the trigger, has anyone come across this??? It's no problem, been around firearms long time, just use the safety, but the T12 de-cocks but not the monsoon, standard or trigger out of adjustment??? Thanks. :D
Guipago

Re: De-cocking the trigger

Postby JohnnySweden on Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:04 pm

No decock, dont fiddle with the triggerunit...

The Monsoon will give years of reliable service and will never misfeed unless fiddled with, same goes for accuracy.

Theise are great guns but somewhat sensitive to their settings, about all problems arriving to the factory with theise rifles are due owners that cant keep their fingers clear from the rifles, doing their own adjustment or modifications.
My airgun blog: http://airpang.bloggplatsen.se/

.25 FX Airguns Elite 500 Mk I - Bushnell Legend 5-15/40 Ao
.177 Crosman Challenger - Leupold 3-9/33 EFR
.22 BSA Ultra Mk I - Tasco Varmint I 2.5-10/42 Ao
JohnnySweden

Postby Guipago on Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:17 pm

Thanks for the reply JohnnySweden I'll leave it alone, one more question, are the stocks strong enough to take swivel studs for carry straps or bi-pods??? Have heard some stocks don't have enough meat in the areas needed for stud placement & other arrangements are needed?? Thanks.
Guipago

Postby Zero4k on Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:09 pm

People have drilled and fitted standard swivel studs, some have pulled out and this can happen even on some walnut stocks.
I'm looking at these for mine - http://www.harrisbipods.com/ - look halfway down the page for HB2 and HB2A, you might need to check clearances, but these could perhaps even be bonded in :D
FX Royale 400 .22 - FX Verminator MKII .177
Zero4k

Postby Guipago on Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:35 am

Thanks for that Zero4k they look like just the thing, am also looking at the air tube clamp that fits a bi-pod, I think FX has one out now just not sure how stable it will be.
Guipago

Postby Zero4k on Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:28 am

There's nothing wrong with using a bipod clamp on the bottle, plenty of people do this, it's not something I would go for due to the movement from the bottle when shooting - if you have ever shot an air rifle with the air tube touching the stock you'll know what I mean but it's a helluva lot better than using one of those awful POI changing barrel clamps :shock:

The FX bottle clamp is a much better than a lot I've seen, it's a solid very well made affair and has decent protection for the bottle finish.
FX Royale 400 .22 - FX Verminator MKII .177
Zero4k

Return to FX Monsoon