Bad opinions

This is the king of FX Airguns (FX8000). The semi automatic, 12 shot airrifle with 500cc of air capacity. Bring it on!

Bad opinions

Postby Andyx on Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:29 pm

I read a lot of bad opinions about the revolution. Is the Revolution really so bad?
Andyx

Re: Bad opinions

Postby PolarWolf on Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:50 pm

No clue, never owned one...yet.

Any links to said bad opinions?
Webley FX2000 .22
FX T400 .25
FX Monsoon .22 Walnut
FX Cyclone .177 Regulated
FX Biathlon .177 Regulated

I've had:
Pretty much every model FX made :)
PolarWolf
Site Admin

Postby Andyx on Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:05 pm

Good Points: it is very acurate
Bad Points: jams ,doesnt cycle 12rounds very often without jamming, constant problems with seals leaking,O ring in breach breaks often. fill port often leaks air. sugest using only jsb exacts in this airgun
General comments: this is the second fx revolution for me. the first was so defective that i contacted him in sweden to get satisfaction. the new one has its problems to. the semi idea is great but the fx has constant problems doing this,jamming air leaks. it has to many problems to list
krell44's review and ratings | 88 words

After 4000 pellet shots throw it to garbage. The FX Revolution air rifle is pretty accurate but i had a fault with mine. I had a problem with the semi-automatic function. I would not recommend this air rilfe.

No good points it is the worst rifle I have
misggg0's

Do not buy that rifle

Good balance, easy to set up, silencer good thing to buy with definately buy at least couple of extra mag, and scuba tank for refilling & lots'n lots'of rounds to consume!
Guest.'s full review | 53 words

The FX Revolution is a rapid-fire, semi-automatic system that uses the blow back air to cycle the bolt and index the magazine. FX also incorporates a new 12-shot magazine. Due to the efficiency of the semi-automatic system, the FX Revolution is extremely quiet without the use of any additional components. The the air bottle is in the butt of the rifle with an ambidextrous synthetic cheek piece formed neatly around it. The manual bolt lever enables the rifle to be safely loaded and refilled witho ...

Purchased my FX Revolution from AGOArizona. This baby is my top of the line target shooter, I shoot everyday!! It's all around nice, only airgun semi-shot you can purchase in a PCP. I wait till others come out as accurate and light.

The FX Revolution is a good idea but definitely needs much improvement. One of the biggest flaws lies in locking the bolt in the open position. In order to accomplish this you must pull back the bolt and struggle to locate a tiny area of the bolt so that it catches onto an even smaller groove . Even if you are successful The slightest movement will cause the bolt to release. This makes filling the rifle and inserting the magazine a three hand affair beacuse the bolt must be pulled back in order ...

I bought the FX Revolution gun in Denmark, because the Dutch dealer had it in back order for too long a time. It looks fantastic and with his 30/32 ft/ lbs very powerful. It will shoot nice groups, within a diameter of 3/5 cm.

I bought the FX Revolution rifle at Airguns Of Arizona. They are the only dealer that sells this gun. Anyhow, this gun is superb. The only pcp thats a true semi-auto. I was amazed to see how powerful and accurate it was. At 50 yards, I can drill a dime size hole, just by squeezing off the shots continuiously. With 34ft lbs of power. It can knock down any medium size game. Shoot, you can blow away a crow when its in flight! Just by emptying the magazine on him. I also like, how light ...

From this page:http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews98034.html

this is only one example
Andyx

Postby makka on Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:05 pm

Whenever I want to buy anything I always have a look at that site.
It is VERY useful.
I would not buy the rifle based on those reviews.
I've had a look at the page and I've never bought anything that had such low numbers.
Unless you love the idea of having a semi-auto so much that you are prepared to take the risk.
Personally my new cyclone (coming soon :)) will cycle so much faster than my R1 or my old bolt action Axsor that I wouldn't bother with it.
It's a gimmick that you will get bored with after a few hundred pellets.
Laughter, the best medicine
makka

Postby PolarWolf on Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:12 pm

Chatted to someone last night who also returned his Revo due to failures to properly operate its semiautomatic system. It's sensitive, yes, and picky as to what pellet it prefers (JSB Exact @16 grains).

With some luck I'll have one soon, so I can have a looksee what it's like. Or at least how it works. Until then I'll refrain from having an opinion other than it looks to be a great rifle.
Webley FX2000 .22
FX T400 .25
FX Monsoon .22 Walnut
FX Cyclone .177 Regulated
FX Biathlon .177 Regulated

I've had:
Pretty much every model FX made :)
PolarWolf
Site Admin

Postby Andyx on Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:16 pm

Thank u Wolf.