Storm to Cutlas conversion.

FX's "pistol grip action" rifle ( FX3100 / FX3100-22), and until the Royale (see below) comes out officially, FX's latest model.

Storm to Cutlas conversion.

Postby requoil on Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:49 am

Hi guys, I was considering the conversion and would like to know what this difference between the early and later cocking arm on the Cutlas (I didn't know there were two). My Storm is actually an RWS Scimitar, I don't know what difference this makes.

Thanks guys.
requoil

Re: Storm to Cutlas conversion.

Postby ian johnstone on Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:01 pm

I don't know what the difference is between the later & newer levers, Rich - I assume (though) that the newer lever has that 'hold-open' notch at the rear ?

Maybe 'fireball' could tell you? (he has them both to compare side-by-side). How about comparing the serial numbers of your gun & his action ?
ian johnstone

Postby requoil on Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:32 pm

Thanks Ian, I have sent him a message with the serial numbers etc. He is the guy selling the cocking arm, and he sounds like he really knows what he is doing.
requoil

Postby requoil on Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:47 pm

For anyone coming across this thread.....The earlier one has a 3mm wide crescent shaped slot to accept the 3mm x 22.7mm steel pin that I believe connects with the pellet probe, whereas the later type incorporates a tiny steel bush that runs in a slightly wider crescent slot in the cocking arm, and the pin fits inside the bush. I assume this either reduces wear or makes the cocking action a little smoother.
requoil

Postby AndyC on Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:30 am

I've just done this conversion to my Storm using the later steel bush/bearing part.

Very easy change over and slick!

Just need to spin up a brass bush to slide onto the rear of the pellet probe/bolt, for the Gladiator mag pin to rest on when its the locked position.

I'll shorten and turn down too, the rear of the pellet probe/bolt, so it moves freely in hole in the top of the Storms pistol grip.
AndyC

Return to FX Storm