FX Storm power inconsistent problem

FX's "pistol grip action" rifle ( FX3100 / FX3100-22), and until the Royale (see below) comes out officially, FX's latest model.

FX Storm power inconsistent problem

Postby Gavlar on Tue May 07, 2013 7:58 pm

Hi everyone. I'm new here but have been on the BBS for a few years now. I have a problem with one of my rifles and Have posted on the BBS looking for an answer to no avail so I'm asking here hoping an expert out there can help me please.

have an FX Storm. Everything works as it should for th e most part but there is a problem somewhere. If I fire a mag of 8 pellets over the chrono, a typical string will be something like, 11.4, 11.3, 11.4, 7.6, 8.1, 11.4, 11.4 etc

This is of course unacceptable as even plinking at 22 metres in my garden, one or two pellets in each mag will be 4" low.

There are no leaks, it's not clipping. The only thing I can think of is the hammer, hammer spring or slide are sticking. I can easily take the rest of the gun apart but can't see how to remove the hammer assembly.

Any ideas on what the fault could be if its not the hammer assembly, or how to remove the assembly if it is?

I believe the action is the same as the Cyclone, if that helps.

Thanks, Gavin
Gavlar

Re: FX Storm power inconsistent problem

Postby Gavlar on Wed May 08, 2013 10:33 am

Worked it out for myself. The pistol grip cocking handle slides on a couple of bushes. These were dry of lubricant and on occasion I wasn't cocking the gun properly.
Gavlar

Postby cyclone sniper on Wed May 08, 2013 11:26 am

Gavlar wrote:Worked it out for myself. The pistol grip cocking handle slides on a couple of bushes. These were dry of lubricant and on occasion I wasn't cocking the gun properly.

glad you got it sorted
FX cyclone .22 FAC,
cyclone sniper

Postby riz on Thu May 09, 2013 3:00 pm

Gavin, thanks for taking time to share the solution
FX Cyclone .177 - MTC Optisan Viper 10x44 SCB
HW30s .177 - Delta Optical Classic 3-9x40
riz

Return to FX Storm