regulated storm

FX's "pistol grip action" rifle ( FX3100 / FX3100-22), and until the Royale (see below) comes out officially, FX's latest model.

regulated storm

Postby seeker on Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:18 pm

hello all,
is the regulator on a fx storm built into the airtube and is the anti tamper on uk spec guns linked to the regulator.
i have a storm only doing 10.4ftlb and would prefer it doing 11.4ftlb.
could anybody help?
thanks,
seeker.
fx 2000 .177
AGS litew8 .177
fx 2000 .22 carbine
seeker

Re: regulated storm

Postby PolarWolf on Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:55 pm

Hi, and welcome to the forum.

The answer to your question depends on where your Storm comes from. A standard FX gun isn't regulated, so if yours is you must have gotten one from BTAS? If your Storm is built for the UK market specifically there's more than likely anti tamper installed in the form of break-off bolts somewhere. Either way, in general to increase power in a PCP gun all you need to do is increase the amount of air which ends up behind the pellet. Two obvious ways to do that, increase hammer spring tension or increase transfer port size. In your case, the former option seems the most sensible, even if you have a regulated specimen. It's fairly easy to do, too. Lift the action from the stock and give the nut which holds the hammer spring in a couple of turns with an Alan key. Do make sure you test your rifle afterwards using a chrony!
Webley FX2000 .22
FX T400 .25
FX Monsoon .22 Walnut
FX Cyclone .177 Regulated
FX Biathlon .177 Regulated

I've had:
Pretty much every model FX made :)
PolarWolf
Site Admin

Re: regulated storm

Postby seeker on Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:26 pm

yes it is a BTAS regd storm.
i know what you're saying about hammer tension and i have done this before on a webley spetre (cyclone) pre anti tamper.
i've also had a scimitar in bits and this has no hammer tension spring grub screw behind it just a brass probe.
i'm guessing putting washers over this probe would have the same effect but before i was to take the storm apart i would like to have some idea what i'm going to come up against anti tamper wise.
fx 2000 .177
AGS litew8 .177
fx 2000 .22 carbine
seeker

Return to FX Storm