Glad is apart

Two types known, the "DA" or "Double Air" and the "PA" or "Pump Action" (a.k.a. FX Exterminator). Lots of air (500cc minimum), and the same biathlon style sidelever action as the Cutlas. Also known as Logun Gladi8tor.

Glad is apart

Postby Crashland on Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:24 pm

Hello ,
I have my Gladi8tor for less than 8 months and wobbly rear bottle has occurred.
Purchased on advice from a fellow FX owner and is letting me down.
Taking plastic butt part off and turning botle did not help.
I found the diagram on FX site , found the info from a veteran on removing the rear bottle and tighen up the bottle to the connector without removing stock.
Took front bottle off by rotating a couple of turns and then rear bottle.
Expected rear bottle to come off with an end on it, o ring was left inside on solid brass part?
Cannot see where to tighten up?
Must I take the stock off and how?
Do I need to replace orings, what kind of grease if any?
What other fun stuff should I do once I get it apart with your fine help.
Thank you
Pictures here :
http://www.itpainrelief.com/Glad/index.html
Our American vendor and FX directly has been little help. Zero customer service at our american vendor. Zero. They did try to force buying the rifle from me at a tremendous loss to me. Wrote emails/letter to FX and no response.
Trying the experts here.
Crashland

Re: Glad is apart

Postby maxfusion on Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:21 pm

I'm no expert and I'm sure if I'm wrong someone will correct me, but looking at the drawings and comparing to your pictures I'd say the rear bottle valve shouldn't be comming off when you remove the bottle from the gun...
can you get the valve out of the gun and secure it back into the bottle then try reconnecting the bottle to the gun?

Hope you get it sorted!
much luck.
MF
maxfusion

Postby wyseyes on Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:37 pm

Yep, your bottle valve is still in the rifle. It should unscrew with the bottle, and with the valve still in the bottle it should retain air and pressure.
You'll need to get that valve back out of the rifle, then fix it back in the bottle with some threadlock compound.
FX Monsoon .22 Fully Shrouded, Barska 3-12x40
FX Verminator .22, Leapers 4-12x40 SWAT
Benjamin Discovery .177, Barska 3-24x42
Damagedâ„¢ Gamo CFX .22, Leapers 3-9x50, GRTIII Trigger, PelletPal
wyseyes

Postby Crashland on Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:27 am

Thank you
Yes, my problem from the get-go. I felt the bottle should not have seperated. So any thoughts on how do I get the valve out of the rifle.
And how to get to where the wobbly bottle screw is?
so much fun...
Crashland

Postby maxfusion on Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:14 pm

I'd think there's only one maybe two screws holding the action in the stock.
judging from the diagrams it's the one above the rear bottle.
If you can get the action out of the stock with that valve attached you might stand a better chance of separating the valve from the action and finding the source of the wobble problem.
If you cannot get the action out of the stock then you may have to threadlock the valve into the bottle then try removing it with the valve once the threadlock has hardened. The problem with this might be that if the bottle isn't tightening to the valve properly you're going to have fun trying to sort that with threadlock in there.

If you get it apart I'd check the screw in the bottle connector is tight, that may well be where the wobble problem lies.

There's a lot of "if's" in what I'm saying I know, but I don't own one of these and am only going by the diagrams and what I can see in your pictures...if I had the gun in front of me I'd have a far better idea what was going on.

good luck
MF
maxfusion

Postby Crashland on Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:03 am

Thank you all, so far some success.
Now that is it apart the threads reveal the issue.
If i had to take a guess the thread lock was put on the rifle side of the bottle connection. Not inside the bottle valve side.
With some appopriate hardwire the size of the opening thru the valve body, with the brass hex screw end removed. I was able to put the rifle in two vises and manhandle the assembly off. With the bottle valve removed
the rifle can apart from the stock and can see the Wobbly screw fix now........cleaned, some loctight
put the rifle back together and charged up.... nice to hear it pop again....
But alas another issue not present before comes up...and another question I go a posting.
THANK you again...
Crashland

Postby maxfusion on Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:34 pm

glad you got that sorted m8!
post away and I'm sure we'll get it all sorted ;)
some good knowledgeable folks in here, between us I'm sure there's a fix abound :D

MF
maxfusion

Return to FX Gladiator