Fx Gladiator DA-R

Two types known, the "DA" or "Double Air" and the "PA" or "Pump Action" (a.k.a. FX Exterminator). Lots of air (500cc minimum), and the same biathlon style sidelever action as the Cutlas. Also known as Logun Gladi8tor.

Fx Gladiator DA-R

Postby airblower on Thu May 13, 2010 11:22 am

Hi,

I was not happy whith my new Gladiator DA, so i made a little change of the rifle
I bouht him whith my simple knowledge to build in easy one regulator,the Audrius regulator (67,oo euro,s)
but that was not so easy as i thought :(

second i did not like on the rifle was the short stock in front of the rifle,Why did Fx not use the cutlas stock whith a little modification for the gladiator??

so i was thinking how can i get it done,
the problem of this gun is that the connection of the aircilinder at the back of the gun is connected directly in front of the breech, so when i place the Audrius reg. in the front tube ,the air of the backcilinder is still not regulated what Polarbear told me

it cost me a lot of thinking how to manage this problem

the answer i found is a good solution but requiers some help of person who can make whith machinery the front tube in half en make 2 cupper
adjusments for closing the 2 air cilinders .
so thats one

second was to get one extra aircilinder connector of fx cutlas(is the same as the gladiator but whithout little hole in it)this can be made by machine or as i did, i orderd it in Sweden
that was 2

third was to make the small cupper connection pipe of the back to the front longer!, i did that by order one new,12.00euro, connecter pipe(cupper pipe 3mm)and made them together by using silver to connect the 2 pipe,s

for getting good speed of the pellet, i had to take out the adjustmentscrew for hamerspring en let him out!, i had to drill some space,4mm in back aircilinder connector in whitch hammerspring can have the amount of space he need
so, after placing the reg,

whith some o-ring plates i got the whole gun together,
you find out that the connection between back and front results in seeing the little cupper connection pipe coming out of the stock , and because of that problem!, i made the stock whith polyestercast from where i work longer and made at the front also an wheaver connector

i whill show pictures in the links i place here, so that you understand the hole opration
airblower

Re: Fx Gladiator DA-R

Postby airblower on Thu May 13, 2010 11:25 am

airblower

Postby airblower on Thu May 13, 2010 11:26 am

airblower

Postby airblower on Thu May 13, 2010 11:26 am

airblower

Postby airblower on Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:18 am

The results now whith the regulator build in is perfect,

i shoot now over some 110 times with constand pellet speed,whithout filling the rifle again!
and the nice thing is dat you can change pellet speed at any speed you want!!, just change the regulator pressure and find out what the best hamer spring pressure is needed,you have to demontage the rifle but when you know that, than its easy to do

so if you want very high power, it is all possible
airblower

Postby Aerovolix on Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:15 pm

Personally, I never had accuracy issues with my Rifle Gladiator 5.5 up to 100m. Though for long range shooting, the characteristic power curve of the rifle was causing me some troubles. So, I decided to install a regulator from Audrius. The solution I chose, was to install the regulator between the 500cc bottle and the rear side of the rifle. The regulator is encapsulated in the adjuster piece. The entire front 185cc bottle serves as the regulated chamber. The adjuster piece has two ports (positioned in 90 degrees V-Form): one port for the quick fill and one port for the pressure manometer(fill side pressure readings are available). The original pressure manometer displays the regulator pressure.

Advantages from this concept:
No irreversible changes on the rifle.
No breathing hole on any bottle, the adjuster piece has the breathing hole.
''Sweet Spot'' pressure of the rifle remains the same, so its only wise to chose the same for the regulator.
The Oscillating Mechanical System: fire pin spring, fire pin, hammer, hammer/spring distance, hammer spring, spring adjuster remains exactly as it was. No need to build and experiment with new OMS.
Access to the regulator for maintenance and adjusting is easy, without dismantling the entire rifle...just unscrew the bottles. :D

Disadvantages from this concept:
The rifle stock is in total 45mm longer.
The weight of the rifle is increased.
By dismantling the bottles, the air of the 500cc bottle escapes :( ...But the air of the front bottle remains intact :) .

Important Note: The adjuster piece is made from Aluminium/Bronze Alloy according DIN 1714 CuAl10NiFe, not the ''weaker'' and cheaper Phosphor/Bronze Alloy DIN 1705. This Aluminium/Bronze Alloy has Yield Strength ca. 320N/mm^2.
Calculated Minimum Overall Safety Factor against Yield (limit between elastic and plastic deformation)@300 bar is 2.4..... :arrow: Safety First!

Results:
100 regulated shots@30ftlb. Fill pressure 215 bar down to 160 bar...and though the rifle can still fire about 25-30 unregulated shots down to 140 bar, 278 m/s with AA 16 grain pellet. I will post a detailed muzzle speed recording in near future.

Pictures...incoming!
Last edited by Aerovolix on Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
One Man
One Gun
One Shot
One diiing

FX Gladiator 5.5 R.SS, Hawke Eclipse SF 6x24x50
Aerovolix

Postby Aerovolix on Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:19 pm

Side View
Attachments
DSC00167.JPG
Side View