FX Gladiator

Two types known, the "DA" or "Double Air" and the "PA" or "Pump Action" (a.k.a. FX Exterminator). Lots of air (500cc minimum), and the same biathlon style sidelever action as the Cutlas. Also known as Logun Gladi8tor.

FX Gladiator

Postby PolarWolf on Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:40 pm

Two versions of this model exist, the Gladiator DA or "Double Air" and the more rare Gladiator PA or "Pump Action". The DA version has, as the name implies, two air reservoirs for a standard total of 645cc of 200bar compressed air. One reservoir (500cc) is situated at the back of the rifle where it doubles as shoulder stock, and in case of the PA there is a second 145cc tube reservoir under the barrel. This is the largest supply of air I've seen to date on an airrifle, and of course it gives loads of shots. On the PA version of the Gladiator, the tube reservoir has been replaced by a pump action similar to some shotguns to cycle the rifle. Interresting concept, worth having a test with. The more available DA version comes with the same biathlon style "straight pull" cocking action as the Cutlas, so it also does the auto-return.
Webley FX2000 .22
FX T400 .25
FX Monsoon .22 Walnut
FX Cyclone .177 Regulated
FX Biathlon .177 Regulated

I've had:
Pretty much every model FX made :)
PolarWolf
Site Admin

Re: FX Gladiator

Postby PolarWolf on Mon May 12, 2008 2:26 pm

I came across a schematic for this rifle. Schematics for FX airrifles are pretty rare so if you have one, please share. Parts lists are also welcome.

FX_gladiator.jpg
FX Gladiator schematic
FX_gladiator.jpg (397.09 KiB) Viewed 14792 times
Webley FX2000 .22
FX T400 .25
FX Monsoon .22 Walnut

I've had:
PolarWolf
Site Admin

Postby Lilliput on Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:10 am

I have the Gladi8tor diagram and parts list, but does anyone have a workshop manual for the Gladi8tor or Verminator?
I need to take my gun to a gun smith and they would like to see a proper manual.

Here in SA we are not blessed with good service for FX products. Far from it!

We have very high prices (compared to other quality guns) and very poor service by the single importer. This is characterised by extremely long turn around for repairs and in my experience, "repair" is not what I got when my Verminator was taken in to unjam the cocking mechanism. It came back in virtually the same state as it went and without a hammer return spring. Unless the gun is cocked very slowly and deliberately and waits for the "click" then the magazine does not index and the cocking mechanism jams.

Although FX emailed the exploded diagram promptly, they have totally ignored my pleas for them to appoint a second distributer here.
For me, the lack of communication from them is possibly even worse than the incompetent importer they support. Sending a gun back to Sweden from here is not a viable option, carriage costs are too high, so without competent technical service, we really are at a disadvantage.

If only FX would understand that they will never get their true market share in this country until they start reacting to their ultimate customers instead of trusting one profiteering and incompetent distributor.

Poor show FX ! you can do better!

Regards to all from the Fairest Cape.

(I will post this on the Verminator section too)
Verminator .177 Leapers 4-9 x 40
Cyclone 5.5mm MTC Viper 8-32 x 60
AA S410 5mm FAC Extra SL Lynx 6-24 x 42
AA S410 177 FAC NS 4-19 x 40
AA S400 177 ZOS 10-40 x 60
Weihrauch 5mm 97K Leapers 9-16 x 40
Weihrauch 177 HW 40 Oryx Red dot
Gamo Compact
Lilliput

Postby FXpoacher on Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:10 am

Hey!

There are two good parts suppliers in Sweden.

http://www.progunner.se/emax_store.asp

http://luftvapen.e-butiken.se/

Both of these guys are offer an export parts service, and both are pretty damn good at English.

In all reality, with a few tools,a clean work area and patience, you can do the repairs yourself.
If you contact one of these guys and and tell them your problem, they can send you new parts and run you through how to replace them.

FX themselves don't have a good personal service, they leave that up to the dealers and it's sad that your "local" dealer is crap.

But if you take your time and do it methodicly, (Yeah i know it's spelt wrong! :oops: ), you should be able to manage it without any big problems as it's the action you need to work on, and after removing the stock, air tubes it should be straight forward.
FXpoacher

Postby PolarWolf on Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:59 pm

I have to agree with Jeff here, taking apart an FX airgun isn't the hardest to do. With the exploded diagram and parts list (please share it!) especially. However, not everyone is as handy as some of us, or don't trust themselves with tearing apart an airgun which cost a substantial amount of money. But if the importer isn't of much use and a local gunshop won't touch it without a proper manual (and by the sound of it they shouldn't anyway...powderburner shops are notoriously bad at repairing airguns), you have no choice but to either send it to FX or to fix it yourself. Of the two shops linked I have only experience with Tobias from Hurricane, and all of those were positive ones. I'm sure it's the same with Progunner. I've positive experiences with FX too and I can understand they don't respond to your pleas to get a new distributor just like that, because it doesn't tend to be as easy as it sounds. Contractual obligations and all that.

But anyway, don't be too scared to disassemble the rifle yourself. It's not hard as long as you work methodically (;)) and keep track of the parts. It's not rocket science.
Webley FX2000 .22
FX T400 .25
FX Monsoon .22 Walnut

I've had:
PolarWolf
Site Admin

Postby Lilliput on Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:36 pm

Thanks for the encouragement and info.

I will be in the UK in a couple of weeks and will call in at BenTaylor and son to see if I can get parts from them.

I have already stripped down my verminator and repaired some of the "repairs" , hopefully I will get what I need to finish the job in Cambridge.

Thanks again
Gamo Compact
Lilliput

Postby ian johnstone on Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:51 pm

Best to give old Ben a good warning of what you require - there's absolutely no question that he can do marvels with these guns but he is no longer the UK Distributor for FX (still has some parts though) & he's recently had a number of airguns stolen (he's never been Mr Jolly :D at the best of times!). Perhaps speak to Ben or Daniel and set up the visit ?
ian johnstone

Postby FXpoacher on Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:14 am

Lilliput wrote:Thanks for the encouragement and info.

I will be in the UK in a couple of weeks and will call in at BenTaylor and son to see if I can get parts from them.

I have already stripped down my verminator and repaired some of the "repairs" , hopefully I will get what I need to finish the job in Cambridge.

Thanks again

Off topic i know, but it's a small world.
I'm originaly from Cambridge!
FXpoacher

Postby Lilliput on Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:31 pm

Ian,
Thanks again for the advice, I will telephone them before I go to Cambridge.
I did try to communicate by email once before (and got no response) Hopefully they will respond more positively with a personal visit.

regards from a glorious midwinters day in Cape Town

Trevor
Gamo Compact
Lilliput

Postby ian johnstone on Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:26 pm

Trevor - Ben (himself) is not really a Silver Surfer :D

(I think he only uses the PC if Daniel's left it on). :roll:

Greetings from the sunny..er..Cotswolds !!!
ian johnstone

Next

Return to FX Gladiator