pellet probe moving sideways ?!?

Two types known, the "DA" or "Double Air" and the "PA" or "Pump Action" (a.k.a. FX Exterminator). Lots of air (500cc minimum), and the same biathlon style sidelever action as the Cutlas. Also known as Logun Gladi8tor.

pellet probe moving sideways ?!?

Postby amx3 on Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:02 pm

Hi guys , noticed there is a right to left movement of the pellet probe as it goes trough the magazine.The movement (1 mm-?) is small but enough to damage the pellets as they enter barrel.Noticed it with magazine off.

Is there not suppose to be some guide to stop it doing that and where should i look for it ?
Thanks.
amx3 Posts: 3Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:51 pm
amx3

Re: pellet probe moving sideways ?!?

Postby PolarWolf on Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:21 pm

I'd pull the gun apart and have a look as to wether the probe is straight or not. If it is then the breech hole in the barrel might be off-center.
Webley FX2000 .22
FX T400 .25
FX Monsoon .22 Walnut
FX Cyclone .177 Regulated
FX Biathlon .177 Regulated

I've had:
Pretty much every model FX made :)
PolarWolf
Site Admin

Postby Graeme on Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:08 pm

The probe on mine appears to run in a small ark.. Clever if it was done deliberately as it compensates for the grab on the pellet from the o' ring

My vermy probe is not lose but can be made to move off centre by around 1mm as you have described..Think you would need that so it centralizes on the back of the pellet and then into the bore .

Have you or a previous owner removed the return spring from the back of the probe ? no idea if that would make a difference, however things might appear lose.. Possibly
Graeme

Postby amx3 on Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:11 pm

Thanks for the input guys.Yes,definetly moves in an ark.Still not sure it is suppose to do that, because i've noticed the shoulder (where it gets thicker) of the probe is scraped , as it enters barrel (not symetrical ) .I took the barrel off and noticed the crown is not too clever either. It gives me the excuse to buy one of those ST-barrel, but look like FX will be close for the whole of august.Wonder where else one can source one from ?
And there is still this probe ,looks like it almost certainly it damages the pellets,i dont know. Spring behind it is there,i take it there is not a guide , is just bend ?
amx3

Postby punky on Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:28 am

how do I remove the probe from mine ive taken the rear threaded part off how does the pin holding it in come out is it press fit or threaded also is there an o ring on it or in the hole thanks
God save the queen
punky

Postby jackdaw on Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:06 pm

as above... mine verminator probe seems a bit bent or of center or something .the gun shoots bang on but a very little bit of air leaks from the probe area the gun still shoots 11.5 ft lbs so not a problem for me .I did wonder if the probe had smashed into the mag a some point in time getting bent up a bit .
jackdaw

Return to FX Gladiator