Help quick fill

Two types known, the "DA" or "Double Air" and the "PA" or "Pump Action" (a.k.a. FX Exterminator). Lots of air (500cc minimum), and the same biathlon style sidelever action as the Cutlas. Also known as Logun Gladi8tor.

Help quick fill

Postby insaine on Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:17 am

Hi all. newbie hear, can someone point me in the right direction, just brought a brand new Gladiator. one week old, and its lost all its air, tried to refill and air just rushes out of the barrel ? so what's gone wrong.
sincerely
Alan
insaine

Re: Help quick fill

Postby ian johnstone on Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:47 pm

Try cocking the gun before filling, Alan - that applies to just about all PCPs when trying to fill from below approx 50BAR (in the gun).
ian johnstone

Postby ian johnstone on Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:52 pm

It could be that the main valve is stuck (it might have been in the shop for a while), if you have no luck with my first suggestion, give it a really good, quick blast from your SCUBA tank.

If that doesn't help or change anything then its either some simple DIY, or back to the shop.

I'm here all evening

ATB
Ian
ian johnstone

Postby insaine on Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:34 pm

Thanks Ian for the help. it still wont refill, so ill be returning it back to shop to be look at on saturday.

Best regardes
Alan
insaine

Postby ian johnstone on Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:16 pm

Its my 'bet' that the gun has a seated valve (seated, as in STUCK), its not a real 'biggie' but it does point to a lack of attention by the vendor (shop). Airguns, like non-disposable batteries, should be cycled on a regular basis.

As the air cylinder is so easily removed / unscrewed on these guns it should be a very quick fix. Personally, I would insist on a complete replacement of the main valve (the brass section screwed in the air tube at the action end), if they've other FX guns in the shop then they can rob one to fix the other.

Keep us informed!
ian johnstone

Postby insaine on Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:36 am

Just to let you know, problem has been resolved.
swapped gladiator for a HW 100. thanks for your help.

Best regards
Alan
insaine

Postby ian johnstone on Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:12 pm

You have probably 'lucked out' there, Alan ! :o

The HW100 has a very low shot count & some other issues.

But I wish you a happy future.
ian johnstone

Return to FX Gladiator