cutlas help needed

Another biathlon sidelever style shooter, with automatic return (FX6000). Also known as FX Superswift and Logun Dominator.

cutlas help needed

Postby cutlasowner on Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:58 am

Hi all.
i am a new member on here , but i thought i would jump straight in. i have a dominator / cutlas , i need a seal kit and also some kinda idea how easy it is to fit them. anywhere does them at a reasonable price ? also the syn stock on this gun has seen better days . are there any places that either supply them , or something alternative i can fit , not fussed if its syn or wood just want a replacement. any help would be appreciated.

Bob
cutlasowner

Re: cutlas help needed

Postby Zero4k on Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:11 pm

Hi Bob,

I'm not sure if they do a seal kit as such but assuming you are in the uk, the importer ASI should be able to provide all you need, the other main parts suppliers are Chambers but I don't know if they order off ASI or directly from FX. The Cutlas has the option of synthetic or walnut stocks, here's what they look like - http://www.fxairguns.com/rifle/the-cutlas-2/, not sure on prices but the Royale walnut stock used to be a £150 option, can't your stock be refurbished or is it really badly damaged?

Regards,,
Ian
FX Royale 400 .22 - FX Verminator MKII .177
Zero4k

Postby cutlasowner on Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:36 pm

Hi mate.stock has been messed with , previous owner decides to try and sand it down and pack bits of it out with filler. i have stripped it all back as much as i can and tried to re paint it. there are still traces of fibreglass resin that i cant remove ,as well as too much flex on the forend of the stock when i have attached a bipod to the front weaver rail
cutlasowner

Postby Zero4k on Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:49 pm

Damn shame, sounds like a custom DIY job that's gone badly wrong. Looks like you'll have to go the walnut route, give ASI a call for a price.....
FX Royale 400 .22 - FX Verminator MKII .177
Zero4k

Postby cutlasowner on Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:56 pm

cheers mate.
cutlasowner

Return to FX Cutlas