FX Cutlas

Another biathlon sidelever style shooter, with automatic return (FX6000). Also known as FX Superswift and Logun Dominator.

FX Cutlas

Postby PolarWolf on Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:42 pm

The FX Cutlas is listed as "straight pull with auto return". This means the biathlon style cocking lever has a spring return, saving the shooter some effort. The synthetic thumbhole stock sports a bit of weaver rail underneath the foreend, so some accesories like a bipod, lights or a laser can be installed. This is a bit of a tactical styled model from FX, though a walnut thumbhole stock is also available. However, the stocks are pretty much suitable for reghthanded use only. The Cutlas has the same power power selector as the Cyclone, and also has a pressure gauge. Even the removable air cylinder is present. This model is also known as FX Superswift and Logun Dominator.

cutlass.gif
FX Cutlas
cutlass.gif (13.66 KiB) Viewed 12685 times
Last edited by PolarWolf on Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Webley FX2000 .22
FX T400 .25
FX Monsoon .22 Walnut
FX Cyclone .177 Regulated
FX Biathlon .177 Regulated

I've had:
Pretty much every model FX made :)
PolarWolf
Site Admin

Re: FC Cutlas

Postby ian johnstone on Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:11 pm

Is that exact gun still available polar? I've been looking for another gun but after trying the Verminator & it's very short front stock, I decided on looking at this type. On the FX website they only show the rear 'buddy bottle' & sort stocked version. :(

Now, if anyone has a gun VERY SIMILAR to that shown in Polar's picture available for purchase??? ;)
In 5.5 of course :)
ian johnstone

Postby PolarWolf on Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:16 pm

I should be. It's still listed on the FX Website, and the importer here in The Netherlands still carries it. Also my distributor in Sweden still offers this model. If you can't find it as Cutlas, try as "FX6000" or the Logun name. I've shot this rifle and aside from the stock being on the short side for me, it's a nice rifle to shoot. The auto return feature of the bolt is very nice, and suits me better than the manual return of the Cyclone. Hence why I'm seriously considering selling my Cyclone and to get a Gladiator.

I don't know exactly which model is known under which name in which country as it seems to differ a lot. It would be nice to compose a list sometime, but that's a lot of work and requires a lot of input from more members than we have right now. In time though, I'm sure we'll be able to compose a more or less definitive list of FX models and derivatives.

Of course I could also just ask FX themselves ;)
Webley FX2000 .22
FX T400 .25
FX Monsoon .22 Walnut

I've had:
PolarWolf
Site Admin

Postby ian johnstone on Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:41 pm

Thanks for the info Polar. I agree the many names & versions of FX guns sold by other companies in the past is very confusing!

Here's a pic of what was called the Logun Domin8or (stupid name, stupid company!)...

Don't know if that's a suitable size (ripped from http://www.guntrader.co.uk) :)
I prefer the look of 'yours' - (the magazine holder slots are crap)
ian johnstone

Postby PolarWolf on Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:08 pm

I'm afraid it's the same rifle, Ian, except yours has a shrouded barrel (adds a few inches to the length). The Cutlas of "my" picture also has the slots for the magazines, except they're less visible in the picture because there's actually magazines in them which darkens things a bit.

You could always opt to put filler into the magazine holes and give the whole stock a new paint ;) I have a seperate Cutlas stock, and I'm considering doing just that and give the whole thing a nice camo paint. All I need after that is an actual rifle which fits into the stock ;)
Webley FX2000 .22
FX T400 .25
FX Monsoon .22 Walnut

I've had:
PolarWolf
Site Admin

Postby peric on Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:03 pm

.are these the pics?
cutlas2.jpg
i myself goth the wooden one
cutlas2.jpg (14.71 KiB) Viewed 12543 times
Last edited by peric on Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:21 pm, edited 4 times in total.
My joy :FX Cutlas(walnut)5.5Faq&Leapers Accushot4-16/56MD.FX Thypoon(walnut?)single shot)5.5Faq&Bushnel Banner4-12/40. And lots off JSBkes
peric

Postby ian johnstone on Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:44 pm

Peric ( a whole 1 day older than me here! :P ) Even though you have the wooden stocked version can you say exactly what is that transverse 'bolt' thing just ahead of the manometer/pressure gauge shown in the FX Synthetic pics? (often wondered :?: ).

Polar was quite correct, of course, I failed to spot the gun on the FX website due to various names it has been called here in the UK :oops:
ian johnstone

Postby peric on Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:38 pm

Sorry Ian cant help you there.I ame not shure what You meane.PS my English is not so good (as you can see),i ame from Belgium and i only hath English for two years on school .....25years ago that is.F***k i ame getting old
My joy :FX Cutlas(walnut)5.5Faq&Leapers Accushot4-16/56MD.FX Thypoon(walnut?)single shot)5.5Faq&Bushnel Banner4-12/40. And lots off JSBkes
peric

Postby Andyx on Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:35 pm

By the way, how accurate is the cutlas over 30 shots at 45 joule?
Andyx

Re: FX Cutlas

Postby ian johnstone on Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:46 am

The Cutlas is essentially the same as the Cyclone, Andy, with a few tweaks like auto-return handle.

They should perform the same.

In the UK, deben are now selling the Cutlas with the BTAS regulator (£719.00).
ian johnstone

Return to FX Cutlas