UK - rest of world, barrel lengths

Another biathlon sidelever style shooter, with automatic return (FX6000). Also known as FX Superswift and Logun Dominator.

UK - rest of world, barrel lengths

Postby Stuntman on Tue May 15, 2012 11:48 am

Hello chaps

I have a UK Logun domin8or/ FX Cutlass.

I have a standard walnut rifle in .22, thumbhole stock etc, with silencer and barrel end support.

I bought the 45cc extension tube and mid barrel support piece.

Now my question is: why the heck does the barrel not seem long enough? with the extension fitted I can't fit the end barrel support as the barrel is just to short and there is no way the silencer will fit, is the domin8or barrel shorter for us brits?

Thanks in advance chaps
Stuntman

Re: UK - rest of world, barrel lengths

Postby ZippoFire on Tue May 15, 2012 8:51 pm

Hi there are different lenghts of barrels.
The standard LW is 500mm 14mm thick and I think this is the one you have on your gun. :?:

Then you have the shrouded barrel which is basicly a 500mm Lw barrel rurned down to 12mm in thickness to make it possible to fit the shroud,
The shroud extends the length of the barrel to 600mm.

With the shrouded barrel it possible to fit the 45cc extension tube and the barrel support.
And it's still be able to fit a silencer.

But there seems to be a problem when it comes to using a silencer in combination with the shroud,
Mabye it's just my gun or silencer, but i had a major poi problem when I fitted a silencer to my shrouded cyclone.

BTW the shroud does reduse the sound a bit but it doesn't make the gun quiet enough imo
at least not when shooting the gun @ 32 fpe
How the shroud works on a sub 12 fpe I don't know. :D
ZippoFire

Postby Stuntman on Wed May 16, 2012 9:14 am

The barrel is 14mm and the air tube is 33mm.

I do think it's about 500mm long, can I get a longer barrel for it?

If so what barrel will need, sorry for all the newbie questions :)

Andi
Stuntman

Postby ZippoFire on Wed May 16, 2012 3:40 pm

The shrouded one, it's 600mm.
It's just long enough to fit the 45cc extensioun tube and a barrel support.
And still be able to fit a silencer.
I had a accuracy problem when I fitted a silencer on my shrouded Cyclone, ( same action as the Cutlas)
I don't know if its something wrong with my Gun or silencer so it might work on another shrouded barrel.
See my previous answer.

If you don't want the shrouded barrel you'll have to buy a LW barrel blank that is long enough and machine it so it fits the breech.
And then thread the end for the silencer. ( expensive)

But the easiest would be to get the shrouded barrel if you realy want the 45cc extension tube and the barrel support.
The shrouded barrel is 16mm thick so you'll have to buy a new barrel support.
ZippoFire

Postby Big Uli on Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:12 pm

ZippoFire wrote:Hi there are different lenghts of barrels.
The standard LW is 500mm 14mm thick and I think this is the one you have on your gun. :?:

Then you have the shrouded barrel which is basicly a 500mm Lw barrel rurned down to 12mm in thickness to make it possible to fit the shroud,
The shroud extends the length of the barrel to 600mm.

With the shrouded barrel it possible to fit the 45cc extension tube and the barrel support.
And it's still be able to fit a silencer.

But there seems to be a problem when it comes to using a silencer in combination with the shroud,
Mabye it's just my gun or silencer, but i had a major poi problem when I fitted a silencer to my shrouded cyclone.

BTW the shroud does reduse the sound a bit but it doesn't make the gun quiet enough imo
at least not when shooting the gun @ 32 fpe
How the shroud works on a sub 12 fpe I don't know. :D

Bit of a late reply but the shrouded barrel may be 600mm but 50 of it are inside the breech.
I got one and actually wish it was a good 6 inches shorter
Big Uli

Return to FX Cutlas