Newbie questions

Another biathlon sidelever style shooter, with automatic return (FX6000). Also known as FX Superswift and Logun Dominator.

Newbie questions

Postby ChrisG on Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:42 pm

Hi,

Requoil on the falcon forum says Polarwolf and Iain know a thing or two about the FX range :lol: . Well, the rifle has been a pig! The shots are inconsistant and nowhere near as accurate as my Raptor (so far spent over £150 trying to find a pellet it suits). I did notice on Friday at the shooting range, the airtube was not fully 'home' which caused a barrel twist in conjunction with the fig 8 band and using the FX tube clamp for my bipod. I have the 'regulated' .22 version in Walnut and power is consistant but a little 'hot'.

So a couple of questions if you dont mind.

1). There seems some discussion that the fig 8 band should not used on the cutlas as it was designed to be a free floating barrel - any thoughts?

2). With the best pellets I've found for the gun (falcon accuracy plus) - the Skan chrono at the range shows about 50% of shots are in the 12.05 - 12.15 range. If you dont want to answer in open forum where the power adjuster is please PM me (is it just a spring tensioner like the falcon at the back?) I dont fancy a jail term in the UK

Thanks in advance

Chris
ChrisG

Re: Newbie questions

Postby adywilson on Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:40 pm

I have tried my Cutlas with the barrel band on and off and found little difference in accuracy. I prefer to leave the band on to protect the barrel from taking small 'knocks' just putting it in the gun slip. I have recently switched pellets to Air Arms Diablo and found these to give very good results. My second pellet for accuracy was Accupells followed by FX pellets. I tried a crossman pellet and the results were frightening!! From 1/2" group at 25m with AA diablo the crossman were producing over 3" groupings.
adywilson

Return to FX Cutlas