Help with valve assebly

Another biathlon sidelever style shooter, with automatic return (FX6000). Also known as FX Superswift and Logun Dominator.

Re: Help with valve assebly

Postby pgunning1 on Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:00 am

LoL yes I would agree but, I will have to probably call the UK fx distributor who is that now ? my biggest issue is how the hell did it happen - is it likely that the metal was fatigued in some way ? Its a 12ft/lb model so I would not have thought the stresses of air going through would have done this :?: :?:

Very odd.

I wont use it in the mean time but do need to get this gun back up and working asap as I am selling my house and having stripped guns all over the place is not a good selling point, still I guess it could be worse LoL

ATB
pgunning1

Re: Help with valve assebly

Postby PolarWolf on Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:16 am

pgunning1 wrote:LoL yes I would agree but, I will have to probably call the UK fx distributor who is that now ? my biggest issue is how the hell did it happen - is it likely that the metal was fatigued in some way ? Its a 12ft/lb model so I would not have thought the stresses of air going through would have done this :?: :?:

Very odd.

I wont use it in the mean time but do need to get this gun back up and working asap as I am selling my house and having stripped guns all over the place is not a good selling point, still I guess it could be worse LoL

ATB

There's little to no stress to be found on that part which would cause such distortion. It's a hardened steel part and there's literally nothing harder (except for the bearing balls, maybe) to be found in the gun. I'd chalk this up as a production error...one which QC "missed".

ASI is the UK distributor nowadays, but I'm sure if you send it to FX they'll replace it too.
Webley FX2000 .22
FX T400 .25
FX Monsoon .22 Walnut
FX Cyclone .177 Regulated
FX Biathlon .177 Regulated

I've had:
Pretty much every model FX made :)
PolarWolf
Site Admin

Previous

Return to FX Cutlas