Help with valve assebly

Another biathlon sidelever style shooter, with automatic return (FX6000). Also known as FX Superswift and Logun Dominator.

Help with valve assebly

Postby pgunning1 on Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:08 pm

Hi Guys

I am having real trouble with my cutlass, the air tube go on ok, but no air transfer to the chamber, the bottle is ok as I have tried it on other guns without problem, I have tried to have a look at the valve assembly, I have the gun stripped but I cannot get the threaded male end of the valve system of the gun ( the bit the bottle screws on to) I have tried heating and using a spanner, but it does not but, and now have a slight mark on the main body of the air chamber of the gun :x

How does this valve assembly come out in the thread with pics it shows it as just a threaded piece, but I cant get it apart.

Please any gurus out there, help me get in to the valve assembly as the gun just wont take air into the system.

ATB
Paul
pgunning1

Re: Help with valve assebly

Postby PolarWolf on Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:04 pm

You mean that big nut like thing? It is threaded and be able to screw off...if you can get it loose. FX loves loctite and that particular part is loctited real good. If you have a rubber hammer you can try giving it a proper whack to, or else sufficient hear (i.e. 60C) should do it. Get a proper fitting wrench, too.
Webley FX2000 .22
FX T400 .25
FX Monsoon .22 Walnut
FX Cyclone .177 Regulated
FX Biathlon .177 Regulated

I've had:
Pretty much every model FX made :)
PolarWolf
Site Admin

Postby pgunning1 on Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:27 pm

Thanks for the assistance, should I clamp the assemble and spanner it as it is difficult to hold and turn at the same time. Could there be another reason that the air isn't passing through to the valve assembly other than the air cylinder.

Atb
Paul
pgunning1

Postby PolarWolf on Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:30 pm

Well, the air cylinder is easily checked, just try to depress the check valve.

You can clamp in the action carefully and with lots of padding. I generally use a sheet of a few mm thick nubuck leather. Works a treat :)
Webley FX2000 .22
FX T400 .25
FX Monsoon .22 Walnut

I've had:
PolarWolf
Site Admin

Postby pgunning1 on Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:44 pm

Thanks for the advice i will give it a go in the next day or two. Gotta find a clamp from somewhere :D

Atb
Paul
pgunning1

Postby karlpv on Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:45 pm

Hello Paul,
Don't try any more heating! There's a number of seals, orings, ect contained in the action, at risk of damage from heat transfer. Some not so easily found. As Polar stated, they tend to be assembled with a good bit of Loctite. What worked for me was splitting the receiver in half, holding the lower receiver in a padded vice, and grabbing the adapter with a 24mm box wrench w/ cheater. It required a goodly bit of torque to break free. Note that splitting the receiver comes with its own issues of detents, bushings, ect. Good luck.
karlpv

Postby pgunning1 on Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:07 pm

Thanks for the advice and duly taken on board, have managed to get it apart now. Given it a clean out, but have noticed that the male.receiver which screws to the bottle is warped / off centre, which is not good, i'll take pics & upload, has anyone heard of the before ?

Can I get a replacement part here in the uk, perhaps this is why air is not travelling through when the bottle is screwed in, I thought the blockage was further up ?? Could it be that if the face isn't square to the bottle valve that its not pushing the valve open on the bottle?

As always the plot thickens :?:
pgunning1

Postby PolarWolf on Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:28 pm

Cool, I'd love to see that one :)

ASI should be able to get you a replacement part, else Chambers in the UK or Hurricane in Sweden and as a last resort, FX themselves. I'm sure FX's QC would love to have a look at it :)
Webley FX2000 .22
FX T400 .25
FX Monsoon .22 Walnut

I've had:
PolarWolf
Site Admin

Postby pgunning1 on Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:06 pm

Hi apologise for my absence Ive just had an ACL repair to my knee so been out of action for a week now. Anyway before I had the op, I took some pictures of the air inlet valve, I hope you can see how bad the face is on this thing, I have never abused/dropped the gun so I am unsure how this has happened, but I do think this is part of my problem, what do you guys think :!: :) :geek:

Hope the links work, if I need a replacement it looks like Chambers will have to special order it! as I doubt it can be straightened.

I have 8 fx guns and stripped them all but never seen one like this before.

Hope FX see this as I doubt they see many, is it a risk to use ? as the bottle is hard to get on or off.

Thanks
Pau
pgunning1

Postby PolarWolf on Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:37 pm

I'd replace it ASAP and not use it. That looks seriously broken and might damage the softer brass parts if you force it.
Webley FX2000 .22
FX T400 .25
FX Monsoon .22 Walnut

I've had:
PolarWolf
Site Admin

Next

Return to FX Cutlas