FX Typhoon air tube pressure loss

The entry level PCP from FX with grown-up performance! Together with the 12 or 16 shot variant, the FX T-12 in all types (FX1000 / FX1000-22 / FX1002 / FX1002-22 / FX1012 / FX1012-22 / FX1212 / FX1212-22). Also known as Logun Solo. The Biathlon model is also based on this platform.

FX Typhoon air tube pressure loss

Postby Hardy on Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:14 pm

Hi there,

my new Typhoons air tube lose pressure. It's down from 200 bar to 50 bar within a day actually. The gun is brand new so I can claim warranty but as the german importer is not the fastes I would try to fix it by myself instead of waiting 5 or more weeks. My first attemp is to replace the o-rings if this will fail I'll send it back.

Do you have any recommendations about how to replace the O-rings without damaging the new ones.

Hardy
Hardy

Re: FX Typhoon air tube pressure loss

Postby Solo1 on Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:30 pm

If the rifle is brand new, then you will probably invalidate the warranty by attempting to fix it yourself. You won't be able to send it in for repair under warranty later on.

You can check if it's the cylinder leaking by placing a balloon (or condom) over the end of the cylinder, making sure you cover the filling port. Any leak will be shown by the balloon inflating over a greater or lesser period of time.

If you really need to do it yourself then Deben are very helpful and carry all the spares you need.
Solo1

Postby slidecontrol on Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:57 am

do as solo1 says with the cylinder, and put another balloon over the muzzle, then make sure the bolt is closed before putting the rifle away overnight. that will either rule out or incriminate the firing valve also.
slidecontrol

Postby mickyh7 on Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:40 pm

This happened to me when I got my new Solo,about 5 or 6 years ago !
I sent it back and it took about 6 weeks to be returned.
If its the filler sealing valve 'o' ring,its simple to change (2 Hex. keys and 1 spanner) and no one needs to know you have changed it !
So your warranty will be OK.
Good Luck !
mickyh7

Return to FX Typhoon/T-12/Biathlon