typhoon barrel

The entry level PCP from FX with grown-up performance! Together with the 12 or 16 shot variant, the FX T-12 in all types (FX1000 / FX1000-22 / FX1002 / FX1002-22 / FX1012 / FX1012-22 / FX1212 / FX1212-22). Also known as Logun Solo. The Biathlon model is also based on this platform.

Re: typhoon barrel

Postby cyclone sniper on Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:00 pm

i understand your theory but if my barrel is being pulled down with my mod even by only a 00.5 mm its minuscule and wont be detected at any distance as the pellets , conditions , air temp etc etc etc vary to much ....
we might have to agreee to disagree on this one lol :) :lol:
FX cyclone .22 FAC,
cyclone sniper

Postby Solo1 on Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:42 pm

cyclone sniper wrote:i understand your theory but if my barrel is being pulled down with my mod even by only a 00.5 mm its minuscule and wont be detected at any distance as the pellets , conditions , air temp etc etc etc vary to much ....
we might have to agreee to disagree on this one lol :) :lol:

0.5mm of droop on the end of a 19-inch barrel, when extended out to 35 yards on a linear scale, becomes a Point Of Impact (POI) drop of about 35mm. Now, as far as I'm concerned you can ignore it all you want but it doesn't alter the fact that it WILL be there and WILL also effect left/right POI depending on any degree of rifle cant (left/right tilt)
Solo1

Postby cyclone sniper on Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:13 pm

thats fair enough but for me but once zeroed then its zeroed i'm not going to start worrying about 0.5 of a mm !! i know my cyclone inside out when it comes to hold under and over also its zeroed at 45 yards with a HW100 mod and it has the same poi at 45yards without the mod !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ..
most pcps are now free floating , also air pressure in the airtube is well known to affect poi when a barrel band is fitted as the pressure drops ....

a huge amount of variables come into play with pcp rifles when you start delving into the stats and specs !!!!

but maybe more so with sub 12 ?? i dont know

how many high end pcp target/ft rifles use a fixed barrel band (not many) .. yes some use barrel bands but most are floating inside the band or free floating inside a shroud ..
FX cyclone .22 FAC,
cyclone sniper

Previous

Return to FX Typhoon/T-12/Biathlon