Accuracy FX T12

The entry level PCP from FX with grown-up performance! Together with the 12 or 16 shot variant, the FX T-12 in all types (FX1000 / FX1000-22 / FX1002 / FX1002-22 / FX1012 / FX1012-22 / FX1212 / FX1212-22). Also known as Logun Solo. The Biathlon model is also based on this platform.

Accuracy FX T12

Postby Staffy1 on Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:49 pm

Got a T12 in 177
Ver accurate except odd flier. I am trying to get a single shot tray for this as the odd pellet is hard to feed in and I wondered If that might be why -ie pellets being dented and damaged? Any one else got any thoughts/experience of this ? or any solution?
Otherwise gun is probably nicest airgun I think i have ever owned and boy I have owned a lot over thirty years of shootin!!
Staffy1

Re: Accuracy FX T12

Postby ZippoFire on Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:09 pm

You might want to try losening the magazine tension.
Some times they are set to hard so they bend the skirt of the pellets when it rotates.
Hope this helps.
ZippoFire

Postby Zero4k on Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:29 pm

The T12 uses the same magazine as the Royale and MKII Verminator and Gladiator, have a quick look here: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2060&start=10
FX Royale 400 .22 - FX Verminator MKII .177
Zero4k

Postby Staffy1 on Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:47 am

Thank you for the replies. I spoke to the Airgun Doctor regarding a single shot tray (which he is making for me) he also commented on my Pellet choice BISLEY SUPER FIELDS and RWS SUPERDOME apparently these are probably two of the worse pellets for magazines ,BISLEY have a ridge on front of head which can catch and RWS supers apparently notorious for not feeding through magazines very well. He suggested Crosman round heads or Airarms /JSB.
I am going to have a go with Crosmans then fit single shot tray. I will however have a look at my magazine and adjust If necessary.
My old PCP was a single shot and I was ok shooting with that .
As I am a man who has lost the following whilst out hunting the single shot tray will be fitted
Keys
Money
Bleed screw from stirrup pump
gloves!!!!

A lost magazine would complete the set but would be a rather expensive loss!!!
Staffy1

Postby Zero4k on Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:23 pm

Hi Staffy,
I found the boxed Crosman's Premiers very accurate in .22 but the power was down a fair bit compared to the 5.52 JSB's. I haven't tried the Crosman's in the .177 although another member on here has and he had good results, the AA Fields in 4.52 head size (label on back of tin) are the ones to go for to get the best out of FX rifles for general use. There's nothing wrong with a single shot, I've used single loaded pellets quite a few times in mine but if I'm having a bit of a target session I prefer the magazine for speed...

I've only ever lost loose change when I've been out so I've got a way to go yet :P

I'd be interested in seeing the single shot tray when you get it sorted
Zero4k

Postby Staffy1 on Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:05 am

I will post a picture up when I get it
Staffy1

Postby Staffy1 on Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:37 pm

Airgun Doctor has now advised cant make a single shot tray. Ive tried every where One reply awaiting , so might be lucky. I've ordered a new magazine. The old one got stuck and ive just noticed that although I tapped it out gently using very soft wood it has burred the slot it slots into the breech by. Could be why it's playing up??. Also Crosman pellets here soon so try them. I read the bit about detensioning the spring in the magazine but couldn't see how . I take it it's take cover off and when you put it back together don't screw it back so tight ?? . Now I've got a spare mag I will have a go, would cutting small amount of spring do the same ?? If so ill experiment with my slightly damaged mag and let you know.???
Staffy1

Postby riz on Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:42 pm

Zero4k wrote:Hi Staffy,
I found the boxed Crosman's Premiers very accurate in .22 but the power was down a fair bit compared to the 5.52 JSB's. I haven't tried the Crosman's in the .177 although another member on here has and he had good results

I second that, my Cyclone loves the .177 Premier Heavies. Currently it's my choice of pellet for it.
FX Cyclone .177 - MTC Optisan Viper 10x44 SCB
HW30s .177 - Delta Optical Classic 3-9x40
riz

Postby Zero4k on Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:55 pm

Shame about the tray. I've not known one to be that tight that it needs knocking out but it certainly won't help. Sometimes they can be a bit tight if the barrel has been fitted wrongly, ideally the magazine is put in place and the barrel slid into the block so it goes into the slot on the magazine just touching the recessed area, then you tighten the barrel retaining screws, it should be a easy to slide the magazine out with only a slight resistance.

To strip, remove the small hex screw in the middle of the clear perspex cover, hold the cover in place at the same time, lift the cover slowly and put a finger on the rotor then you can control the spring pushing it up. You'll feel the tension on the spring so just let it unwind itself as you steady the rotor.

You don't want to cut the spring, this will affect the tension negatively. When you reassemble the magazine, use the lightest tension you can, here's a couple of images I took a while ago when playing with the Royale magazine, here's what's inside:

Here's how it goes together:

I put a pen through the rotor with the spring in place with no tension to show where the rotor stop is in relation to the magazine body detent, just turn anti-clockwise and push down so A engages behind B, hold in position, pop the perspex cover back pop the hex screw back in and nip it up. If the front cover is too tight or loose, there's an even smaller hex screw in the back of the magazine to control how far the front screw can go in - well thought out design!!
Zero4k

Postby Staffy1 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:47 am

Thank you for pictures Ill give it a go. :D
Staffy1

Next

Return to FX Typhoon/T-12/Biathlon