leaking solo parts query

The entry level PCP from FX with grown-up performance! Together with the 12 or 16 shot variant, the FX T-12 in all types (FX1000 / FX1000-22 / FX1002 / FX1002-22 / FX1012 / FX1012-22 / FX1212 / FX1212-22). Also known as Logun Solo. The Biathlon model is also based on this platform.

leaking solo parts query

Postby jono_84 on Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:34 pm

hi all done a little research my solo is leaking out the end of the air chamber where you fill it up (you can hear it hissing) I've tried releasing the air and cleaning the needle valve but it wasn't particularly dirty put it all back an it still leaks .... will I need to order just the o ring and needle valve or will I need the end cap as well .... also will I need to order any grease ? thanks all
jono_84

Re: leaking solo parts query

Postby Solo1 on Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:22 pm

Just the needle valve and 'O' ring is all that should be required. You only really need the 'O' ring if you can find a supplier. The 'O' rings become hardened and start to leak after a couple of years of re-filling. You can delay the hardening by filling very slowly, stopping occasionally, to avoid heating the 'O' ring too much.

Make sure you empty the air from the cylinder completely before attempting to undo the cylinder end cap. It should unscrew by hand but might require the aid of a metel rod (covered in insulation tape to protect the filler hole) to help ease it round. I never used any grease on the 'O' ring at all.
Solo1

Postby jono_84 on Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:24 am

brilliant thanks for the quick reply .... I've ordered my parts from a airgun parts supplier but in the future would any o ring of the same suze do or is it specific for application?
jono_84

Postby Solo1 on Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:50 am

You will need good quality o-rings for air rifle valves. Don't just try to use cheap ones from ebay. I like o-rings made from Viton because they have a higher resistance to heat and chemicals.
Solo1

Postby jono_84 on Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:43 pm

that's fine by me, I'm glad it's just a simple part that has failed .... from the parts diagram the whole rifle looks simple to work on thanks once again for all your help
jono_84

Postby jono_84 on Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:55 pm

ok got my seals today all is fine with the filling end however my gun now seems to leak near the breach when I cock the gun ? heeeelp ? .... do I need to order a full seal kit ?
jono_84

Postby PolarWolf on Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:28 pm

jono_84 wrote:ok got my seals today all is fine with the filling end however my gun now seems to leak near the breach when I cock the gun ? heeeelp ? .... do I need to order a full seal kit ?

New valve with seat, probably.
Webley FX2000 .22
FX T400 .25
FX Monsoon .22 Walnut
FX Cyclone .177 Regulated
FX Biathlon .177 Regulated

I've had:
Pretty much every model FX made :)
PolarWolf
Site Admin

Postby jono_84 on Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:09 pm

Ok I've got my gun stripped down as far as i can, removed the action from the stock,
removed the air tube and the barrel I've now got the action with the brass main valve still attached.

How do i remove this main valve from the action ? i see there is a hex screw that is in the center of the threads that i undid to remove the action from the stock but i'm buggered if i can undo it its bloody tight! do i have to remove this hex screw, if i do is it safe to warm it up slightly ?.
jono_84

Postby jono_84 on Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:37 pm

I see this topic is nearly 2years old now, however just updating it in case anyone else stumbles across it like I did, ive came across my own thread 2years down the line with another air leak :). my logun solo was leaking air, unfortunately it wasnt from the usual suspect of the filler port valve/ O ring but from the brass valve the other end of the air chamber(I suppose its a fairly crude regulator of sorts) it had air leaking from here caused by hardened o rings and a worn needle valve and valve seat, im from the uk and parts seem regularly avaliable from chambers on the internet, I had difficulty undoing the brass valve from the action bit a bit of rag and a vice it came open fairly easily I also struggled taking the plastic valve retaining cap off, I persevered and undid it/butchered it with a pair of side cutter, all sorted now, glad this rifle is so easy to work on
jono_84

Return to FX Typhoon/T-12/Biathlon