Few Solo questions :)

The entry level PCP from FX with grown-up performance! Together with the 12 or 16 shot variant, the FX T-12 in all types (FX1000 / FX1000-22 / FX1002 / FX1002-22 / FX1012 / FX1012-22 / FX1212 / FX1212-22). Also known as Logun Solo. The Biathlon model is also based on this platform.

Few Solo questions :)

Postby jono_84 on Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:16 pm

Hi all,
Im Jono 26 from the uk an ive had my solo.22 for about 2years or so now i shoot with a couple of friends one who owns a air arms s410 an the other a bsa ultra multi, the useual quarry, rabbits crows rats pidgeons mainly i find logun penetrators work well for the longer distant pray and im currently cycling some biesley hollow points thru it atm for ratting as the penitrators seemed to be over penitrating at times

when i came to buy my air rifle i was looking into second hand, im left handed so needed a ambi stock which wrote the s410 off for me straight away and i didnt fancy a bsa ultra, i was initially looking for a webly raider 10 but struggled finding one, so ended up with the logun and im well pleased i went for it in the end, it came with a silencer barrel band and retro fit 10 shot

i don't own my fac cert so its under 12ft for me. from reading around this forum i found the de pinger info so machined one up on my friends lathe and im happy with the results, no more 'ping' :)

some of the info im looking for is as follows, .....if i extend the cyclinder other than adding more avalible shots for me does it have any other affects on the rifle? does it extend the 'sweet spot' of the rifle? i tend to only ever fill my rifle up to 180bar as any more and the first few pellets are wasted and would i be able to machine a piece up on a lathe? or would the pressures involved be to much? what would be the best matirial to use?, my plan was to make a piece that would screw into the end of the air cyclinder and then screw the cap that you fill your rifle up from onto the end sealed with a o ring?,

also are there any more steps i can take to make the rifle quiter? the only noise now is the very slight thud from within the action when i pull the trigger?

and basic maintance where should i start? as far as im aware the rifle has never had a service since its been in service, ive cleaned the barrel out with my friends cleaning rods, what oils should i be useing? and where thanks alot :)

if any of this information is already on here sorry for repeating anything please just redirect me to where i need to be looking, thanks for any help, cheers!
jono_84

Re: Few Solo questions :)

Postby Solo1 on Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:57 pm

Firstly, buy a proper cylinder extension, which FX make for their rifles. DON'T make it yourself because you could be turning your rifle into a hand-grenade with the pressures involved.

Also be very careful if you're going to use cleaning rods in your rifle. Careless use will easily damage the crown on the barrel and ruin accuracy.

Adding the extension will alter the balance of the rifle but I think it would give a few extra shots around the sweet spot as there will be a larger volume of air at any given pressure, and it's the pressure that makes for the sweet spot.
Solo1

Postby slidecontrol on Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:24 am

+1 to what solo1 said, while a tube extension 'can' be made on a lathe, if you have to ask, you probably don't have the skill set required to complete the job.

by the time you buy the tooling needed, the FX part would be cheaper anyhow.
slidecontrol

Postby jono_84 on Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:57 pm

what do you recommend for cleaning, is it a case of "if its not broke don't fix it" or is it best to clean her every year/so many pellets fed thru it?

is there any other option to cleaning rods? what chemical should i be useing with them?
what lubricant should i be putting back in the barrel after cleaning if any?
cheers all :)
jono_84

Postby Solo1 on Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:37 am

I clean my barrel, perhaps, once a year at most. I've never found the need for cleaning air rifle barrels the way you have to with rimfires and centrefire rifles, unless they are FAC-rated.

If you must clean then a 'Boresnake' is the best option in my opinion as it won't damage the crown. If you do have heavy lead fouling then a little Hoppes No 9 on a pull-through patch will dissolve all the lead deposits.

A light gun oil on a patch and then clean thoroughly with dry patches afterwards to finish.
Solo1

Return to FX Typhoon/T-12/Biathlon