Cyclone Air Cylinder issue HELP

The fast action, biathlon style sidelever shooter from FX (FX5100 / FX5100-22 / FX5102 / FX5102-22 / FX5103/ FX5103-22). Also known as BTAS (Ben Taylor And Son) Cyclone and Webley Spectre.

Cyclone Air Cylinder issue HELP

Postby mtair on Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:32 pm

History first. Cyclone is about 8 years old. I have replaced the o'rings on the tank a couple of times in that period. I noticed that the gun would not hold a full pressure charge. In fact would drain almost to nothing over night. So thinking it might be a good time to replace the o'rings again on the cylinder. Easy enough right? Well I pulled the cylinder and bled it out. The top cap with the filler hole screwed out easy. But I have tried I guess almost everything to unscrew the bottom air cylinder cap. In fact I have broke off several drill bits that have been placed in the brass hole and tapped lightly. It will not budge. Really have run out of ideas short of sending it to the FXUSA repair facility. But not being want to be beat on this I am asking for any suggestions on this FX Cyclone owners site. I'm not against some scratches and claw marks on the brass threaded cap. The airgun is a tool for me and some visual usage is ok with me.

Thanks,
Marlowe
Great Falls, MT
sage@mrames.com
mtair

Re: Cyclone Air Cylinder issue HELP

Postby mtair on Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:40 pm

Got it. Pipe wrench and a tap hammer. Now to clean up the brass scars.

Marlowe
mtair

Re: Cyclone Air Cylinder issue HELP

Postby cyclone sniper on Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:22 pm

put some copper grease on threads before reassembly
FX cyclone .22 FAC,
cyclone sniper

Return to FX Cyclone