info needed on cyclone hammer and hammer weight

The fast action, biathlon style sidelever shooter from FX (FX5100 / FX5100-22 / FX5102 / FX5102-22 / FX5103/ FX5103-22). Also known as BTAS (Ben Taylor And Son) Cyclone and Webley Spectre.

info needed on cyclone hammer and hammer weight

Postby norton850 on Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:59 pm

I have a 10+ year old cyclone - its been unused for many years and I wanted to strip & get it running again as the gun had a major leak through the barrel. I stripped the gun down and had the usual issues with removing the hammer adjuster due to copious amounts of loctite despite much heating it chewed up and I had to drill it out. I managed to extract the screw but what I find puzzles me.

1. It is fitted with a hammer that has a screw thread protruding from the hammer that hits the main valve?

2. The hammer spring adjuster has the .177 type that screws in from the back of the gun rather then the .22 type that is free floating inside the hammer and sits in front of the hammer spring rather than behind it as on the .177 type adjuster.

In removing the original slotted adjuster I damaged the current hammer spring adjuster and need to replace it.

The gun was supplied by Ben Taylor and has the BTAS (Ben Taylor) regulator set for the UK legal 12 Foot Pounds non FAC rifle.

I'm wondering if the hammer/.177 hammer adjuster is part of that.

I'm going to replace the brass adjuster with the hex head steel version that is now available (I don't believe the slotted brass one is available and frankly its a poor design)

Anyone know if I can replace the .177 hammer adjuster with the .22 and if the hammer itself is okay (with the threaded extension) or if I should simply replace the hammer and the hammer adjuster for the new parts now available?

cyclone hammer 1.jpg
cyclone hammer 1.jpg (340.48 KiB) Viewed 3839 times

I don't want to inadvertently have a FAC rifle or a non-functioning gun.

Thanks in advance.
norton850

Re: info needed on cyclone hammer and hammer weight

Postby Suffolk Rifle on Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:17 pm

Probably be an idea to drop ASI an email, fairly sure that they'd know the answers (and if original parts are available & prices)
.177 walnut stocked Cyclone Carbine
.177 mk1 Vermy
.177 walnut stocked L/W Typhoon
.177 synth stocked S/T Typhoon
Suffolk Rifle

Return to FX Cyclone