has anyone tryed daystate LI pellets

The fast action, biathlon style sidelever shooter from FX (FX5100 / FX5100-22 / FX5102 / FX5102-22 / FX5103/ FX5103-22). Also known as BTAS (Ben Taylor And Son) Cyclone and Webley Spectre.

has anyone tryed daystate LI pellets

Postby border on Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:34 pm

HI Gents, has anyone tryed daystate LI pellets , i was told they are the same as crossman acupell, anway i bought a 177 cal FX CYCLONE carbine about last october , tonight me and the wife went up the wood yard to do some target work and to see how accurit it is at 30yd abought ran out of gas but crossman prems that i got given 18months ago seem to give the best groups but they were very hard to push in is this normal ? , thanks border. :)
border

Re: has anyone tryed daystate LI pellets

Postby 5mudger on Wed May 21, 2014 12:41 pm

Hi m8 i seem to remember you being right they are made in the crossman factory are they not similar to premieres ? but on new dies may mean tighter tolerences while on the new side. If its of help both my cyclones group consistently better with the Ii's than any other pellet and believe me with my std cyclone that is very pellet fussey i have tried so so many higher end brands. I dont bother even reading the hype about other pellets now i just replenish with Li's each time. More time shooting less time trying.
some brands do offer slightly differing head sizes in the same pellet ie .177 .22 can still only see one head size on the Li's though not sure what it is even, they just shoot so consistant but each barrel may differ as i have found out just lucky both will shoot great with Li's.
5mudger

Postby Michael170874 on Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:53 pm

I tried these Li pellets mine hated them same with accupell and crossman prems,mine hates jsb too,i found H&N FTT,and Airarms field,RWS,superdomes andRWS superfields,Daystate heavy's 10.3 g and Daystate soveriegns all grouped very tight
Michael170874

Postby Guy128 on Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:17 pm

I believe the Daystate pellets are made by JSB. Have you tried JSB Exact pellets? I use JSB Exact Heavy and swear by them. I have also had good groups with the FX pellets.

Cheers

Guy
If your life seems dull and boring, it is.
Guy128

Return to FX Cyclone