Leak out of muzzle end of barrel!

The model which started it all. Also known as Webley FX2000 and RWS Exalibre. FX Tarantula and FX Timber Wolf seem to be similar rifles, as is the FX Rapier.

Leak out of muzzle end of barrel!

Postby 1shotkill on Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:38 pm

Have not posted for some years, been out of the game for a while. noticed when I got my excalibre (fx2000) out of storage that all the air had gone and so I pumped it up to 200bar and left it for 24hrs to see if it retained air, which it didn't! few years ago I did a full oring replacement and solved my leak I had back then.

My first theory was inlet valve seal so I decided to mix a little washing up liquid water to spread and locate any bubbles and discovered it was actually coming from the muzzle but interestingly it would only happen when the bolt was in the cocking position... anyone have any ideas which seal this would be? obviously its coming from the main part of the rifle just wondering if anyone is like ahh I know what that is.

thanks in advance guys.
1shotkill

Re: Leak out of muzzle end of barrel!

Postby cyclone sniper on Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:47 pm

sounds like main valve 0-ring
FX cyclone .22 FAC,
cyclone sniper

Re: Leak out of muzzle end of barrel!

Postby 1shotkill on Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:57 am

well I stripped it and found that most of the seals had perished fairly badly, I forgot how easy the gun was to work on, replaced all seals and now its perfect. ;)
1shotkill

Return to FX FX2000