Change of pellet

The model which started it all. Also known as Webley FX2000 and RWS Exalibre. FX Tarantula and FX Timber Wolf seem to be similar rifles, as is the FX Rapier.

Change of pellet

Postby mazperks on Sat May 30, 2015 4:14 pm

Hi to anyone still out there, It's been quiet on here lately.
I was given a few RWS pellets to try recently, some hollow points and some Super Field.
As I expected, my '2000 didnt like the hollows ( especially shooting at 24 ft/lb), but the Super Field (5.52 cal 16 grain) performed very well.
They are very similar to the AA Field in weight and style, and I decided to buy a tin to try them out properly.
Well I must say I havent noticed any change in performance since using these, they have the same knock down power and accuracy of the AA Fields, but cost just over £10 a tin.
Considering they are a well made German brand, I cant understand why AA Fields cost over £5 a tin more!
I've just ordered another few tins, and I think these will now be my Pellet of choice.
Anybody else use The RWS Super Field, Let us know how you find them.
Regards Ian.
mazperks

Re: Change of pellet

Postby cyclone sniper on Sat May 30, 2015 8:50 pm

superdomes group well in my cyclone at 20ftlbs but jsb exacts group the best at 20 and 30 ftlbs
FX cyclone .22 FAC,
cyclone sniper

Re: Change of pellet

Postby mazperks on Sun May 31, 2015 10:56 am

Yes the Superdomes are another similar styled domehead, but a bit lighter at 14.5 grain, hence your better grouping with the 16 gr exacts.(AA field)
As I said I find no difference in performance between the RWS 16gr and the AA/JSB Exacts considering the huge difference in price.
mazperks

Return to FX FX2000