How to depressurize a Tarantula

The model which started it all. Also known as Webley FX2000 and RWS Exalibre. FX Tarantula and FX Timber Wolf seem to be similar rifles, as is the FX Rapier.

How to depressurize a Tarantula

Postby roachcreek on Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:40 am

What is the proper way to release all the pressure form a Tarantula?

I need to replace the orings in the fill port and would like to avoid taking the gun completely apart if it can be depressurized without having to push on the valve with a wooden dowel.

I read that you slowly unscrew the gauge until it releases the air on one thread, on another forum they tell me you should fire it until empty.

Realizing that on some air guns that will damage the valve stem and receiver, I decided to ask here.

Thanks
roachcreek

Re: How to depressurize a Tarantula

Postby gvp on Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:20 pm

roachcreek wrote:What is the proper way to release all the pressure form a Tarantula?

I need to replace the orings in the fill port and would like to avoid taking the gun completely apart if it can be depressurized without having to push on the valve with a wooden dowel.

I read that you slowly unscrew the gauge until it releases the air on one thread, on another forum they tell me you should fire it until empty.

Realizing that on some air guns that will damage the valve stem and receiver, I decided to ask here.

Thanks

I'll speak for the similar FX2000 ...
the proper way to release all the pressure form it is to fire it until 50-80bar and then push on the valve with a wooden dowel (wear ear protection) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

slowly unscrew the gauge until it releases the air on one thread - you may destroy the threads of the manometer hole ... higher pressure, bigger danger ...
fire it until empty - you will damage the valve stem, you can fire it without pellets until 80bars safely ...
gvp

Return to FX FX2000